Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
The Group IT Finance team is an international team responsible for Technology investments (c. €130m Capex per year) and management of IT cost base (c.€400m Opex per year). As part of the IT transformation the business is currently going through, we are investing heavily in our IT Architecture under “TRIPS”. This is Programme of work to deliver TUI’s new Ecosystem, which is being implemented to create automation, drive efficiencies in cost, process and improve our agility and speed to market as well as supporting alignment of business processes on a global scale.
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a role to support on the Financial Management of this strategic programme where you will be at the center of one of the most important IT projects in recent times at TUI.
The role will involve supporting the Financial Controller in tasks within the Product and Commercial Domain and focusing initially on Supporting Financial reporting of the TRIPS progamme. Including, validation of current cost base, and future running costs of our new IT Architecture.
You will be confident, articulate, driven by change and have a strong ability to be agile and respond quickly to challenges and not afraid to bring forward new ideas. A curiosity and interest in new technology would bring additional life to this role.
There will be a strong focus on business partnering so we are looking for someone who can work closely with senior IT stakeholders, as well as have a strong grasp on Accounting processes and policies.
About the job:
Key responsibilities / tasks
- Monthly consolidation of Project workstream costs from other Finance team members
- Monthly reporting and review of spend to date / forecast / variances and alignment of cost to delivery
- Preparation of slides for TRIPS Steering Committee
- Presenting data to SteerCo in absence of Financial Controller
- Creating a process to identify and consolidate “new” running costs of platform
- Providing updates on project milestones to Financial Controllers where impacts are likely to be seen – for example on Deprecation resulting from delays or incremental spend
- Benefit tracking
- Modelling depreciation and recharges
- Ad hoc support on Product and Commercial domain
- Ongoing process improvements
- Supporting any accounting areas where required
- Confident Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Qualified Finance professional or QBE with relevant experience
- Good knowledge of English language preferable
- Strong intercultural awareness
- Commercial judgement
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Excellent presentational skills
- Capable of building relationships cross border with multiple business partners at all levels
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here