Senior Cloud Engineer
Luton, Verenigd Koninkrijk
Digital & Technology
Depending of country
Join TUI as a Senior Cloud Engineer and be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across TUI: the world’s number one integrated tourism business. You will lead complex technical solution delivery and will work within a Product Team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
- Lead complex technical solution delivery;
- Coach and develop other team members;
- Deliver changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets;
- Design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations;
- Use your deep technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation;
- Understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables;
- Ensure that software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements within the agreed timescales.
- Proven deep knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment.
- Advanced skill set for leading, understanding and solving complex problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices.
- Scripting language skills at a proficient level, e.g. Python, Shell Script, AWS CLI.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI and IaC like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Excellent knowledge in networking like IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs.
- Professional level AWS certification.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner, true engineering craftsmanship mindset, coach, customer centric, comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous but also collaborating to create great teams, products and services.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- At TUI, you will be working in an international team who are working with forward thinking methodologies like Lean and Agile
- TUI offers a competitive salary and pension scheme
- Working at TUI also means further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.