Back End Software Engineer / Java Developer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position can be managed remotely from any city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Java Developer for the Accommodation Sourcing department. As a member of an agile team consisting of 3-7 people, you will ensure that TUI Group’s international hotel sourcing is optimally supported on the IT side and that our accommodations are thus made available to our guests worldwide. We plan and program all the services we need for this completely on our own responsibility, because we believe that this will enable us to offer our customers even better products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You design, program and test microservices with a focus on Java, which you have worked out together with your team.
- An effective selection of technologies and frameworks for a sustainable technical solution are important to you.
- You take responsibility for a continuous development of the services.
- Together with the business analysts in your team, you analyze, evaluate and structure the technical requirements.
- You coordinate with neighboring teams and architects to build and develop interfaces and events as effectively as possible and enjoy sharing knowledge in communities of practices.
- You are a big fan of agile, self-organized end-to-end teams that also take DevOps responsibility (“You build it, you run it”).
- You are an absolute team player, but work just as independently under the aspect of agile methods.
- You have a degree in computer science, media informatics, business informatics or vocational training as an IT specialist in application development or a similar qualification in your pocket.
- You are at home in Java (at least version 11), frameworks and concepts like Spring Boot, RESTful Services and Microservices are not unknown to you.
- Git, Visual Studio Code or IntelliJ, Docker, Jenkins (or similar) are normal tools for you.
- You enjoy learning new concepts and technologies, such as Kubernetes, Apache Kafka or AWS Cloud.
- You have a high passion for DevOps concepts and software development in a self-organized, agile Scrum team, and are already willing to take responsibility.
- As an employee in an international group, German and English skills are a must have.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday and christmas bonuses, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.