2022 Web Developer Placement - Stockton-On-Tees - 12 Months
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with the chance with support to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Joining the Retail Websites team in Stockton-on-Tees, as a .NET Web developer, you will help design, develop and maintain the customer facing websites and supporting systems with guidance from the Senior Developers and the rest of the team, using the latest tools from Microsoft MSDN and other leading providers.
The TUI retail websites include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, Cruisedeals.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Working with guidance from the Senior Developers and the rest of the team, you will help to design and implement new website features and help maintain existing systems.
- Implement designs to best practice industry standards
- Work on a varity of different technology, some techologies we use are:
o HTML5, AJAX, jQuery, CSS3 and Less/Sass.
o Vue.js and ASP.NET MVC
o RESTful web APIs supporting a microservice architecture using C# ASP.NET / .NET Core
o SQL databases
o Apache SOLR search engine (NOSQL)
o WordPress / PHP
- Integrate with supplier systems and external APIs
- Complete testing to a high standard using various testing approaches
- Using strong technical analysis and problem solving skills to resolve issues raised.
- Work within an agile, collaborative development team, attending and contributing to various associated meetings
- Contribute to a team conducting peer code reviews and pair programming.
- Develop against a product backlog in Team Foundation Server and commit changes to GIT and TFS source control
- Develop within a CI/CD build and release pipeline.
- Research new technology
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Great at communicating with others
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to completing your placement year
A passion for technology, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.