2022 User Experience Executive Placement - Stockton-On-Tees - 12 Months
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
As a User Experience Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to support the deliver of best-in-class user experience solutions across our responsive, multi-national web portfolio – to give our customers the inspiration they need to find and easily book their dream holiday, through simple, usable, engaging and exciting experiences. To do this you’ll be working collaboratively with UX colleagues, digital designers and developers in an Agile development environment, and creating and maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a User Experience Executive, you will be reporting to the Digital Experience Manager and be part of a small, semi-autonomous design team. You’ll be helping to deliver enhancements to a range of customer-facing sites that reach thousands of customers on a daily basis. You’ll add value by making their experiences simple, usable, engaging and exciting. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the DX team and with the practice of iterative, user-centred design
- Collaborate on the building of wireframes and prototypes across mobile and desktop breakpoints using appropriate tools
- Learn the right techniques and tools to use for the problem at, including cognitive walkthroughs, effective design reviews and ideation sessions
- Work with the DX team to understand complex requirements and edge cases, help to identify solutions that reduce complexity and share your findings to validate and optimise your ideas
- Collaborate with your design colleagues in the team to ensure delivery of effective end-to-end design
- Sharing your ideas and progress on design work through design reviews with DX colleagues
- Support the sharing experience on using new design techniques, tools and methods and being open to learning from others
- Be open minded to the goals and objectives of other pods and help provide effective feedback and support where needed
- Help understand our multi-national customers, their needs and behaviours
- Contribute to user-centered tools such as personas and journey maps to visualise and share customer empathy with stakeholders
- Collaborate on Digital Research, seeking out, understanding and keeping up to date with customer insight
·Support in delivery of Optimisation tests across all aspects of our OTA websites with an aim to increase conversion
- Focuses on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Great at communicating with others
- Strategic thinker
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to completing your placement year
A passion for business technology, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.