Front End Solutions Architect
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI is now operating a flexible working model, this means that we are offering options to work remotely, and for this role, you do not need to be located within commuting distance from our offices. This role is not exclusively on offer in the UK, and we will also consider remote workers who are based abroad, provided we have a legal entity located in the country you would like to work from
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web & 3rd party is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer Experience & Engagement. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Customer Experience & Engagement stream, part of TUI’s Digital Transformation team.
Playing a pivotal role, the Solution Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies, develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Platforms Strategies. Engage, mentor, support and motivate team members in their development and provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice.
The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve TUI Group’s cross channel, dynamic Customer Marketing capabilities.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Solution Architect you will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test, and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack.
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency regarding total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns, and practices in the field. You will apply a product mindset to understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to contribute to shaping our Modular Web Architecture within the Engagement domain. You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities, and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You will have a strong background of agile delivery models (onshore and near/offshore) in an international context, working with senior technology and business stakeholders and managing large-scale, cloud-based technology stack. You will advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices across the domain.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience of applying a product mindset to Customer and Marketing domains – inception to go-live
- Knowledgeable of Modular Web Architecture approaches such as Static Site Generation, Micro FrontEnds, JAMStack and headless CMS
- Skilled in API Design (REST based), DDD and Event Driven Architecture
- Proven track record in designing scalable, highly-performant and resilient global solutions
- Strong grasp of and experience with cloud technology (AWS serverless), cloud architecture (CDN, DNS, IP Routing), scalable design patterns, CI/CD, DevSecOps practices, Analytics microservices
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices and be able to incorporate these into the designs
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders
- Passionate about agile software delivery practices, delivering business value, driving continuous improvement and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile WoW
- Able to develop a helicopter view and a long-term vision
- Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities
- Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach to drive the spirit required in a fast-paced digital space
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries. Able to challenge constructively.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.