UX Researcher 1 1
London, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Digital Commerce (Digital Product & DX & Digital Marketing) is a global team within TUI Group responsible for the business delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Digital Marketing, Digital Product, Digital Experience & UX, UI, SEO and Optimisation & Analytics providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
As a UX Researcher you will be providing key insight into our customers, products and competitors, to enable the wider Digital Experience and Digital Products teams to deliver best-in-class user experience solutions across our wide range of holiday products across our global websites (beach holidays, flight only, hotel only, cruises, tours and more !). Your insight will help us give our customers the inspiration they need to find and easily book their dream holiday. To do this you’ll be liaising with a variety of people – including customers, research and insights colleagues and data analysts.
This role is available to be based in any of our European office locations.
Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 7th November.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a UX Researcher, you’ll be working as part of a team responsible for delivering customer insight across our websites and multi-national markets. You’ll be identifying the things that drive customers to book their holidays online with us, and providing insight into how well new concepts and designs are received, through formative and summative usability testing, and liaising with our analysts to understand issues and opportunities with the live sites. You’ll also be seeking examples of good practice from across the web to help us improve further and make sure we stay ahead of our competitors.
We’re never short of ideas and improvements for our Agile development teams to build, and we need our UX Researchers to help make sure that we’re doing the right things, and in the right way – and using your experience to mentor and support others to do the same. You’ll be discovering what we need to be improving; from evaluating competitor and other successful sites and apps, usability testing and reviewing our own sites and using customer feedback to identify problem areas. Once the design process is underway, you’ll be usability testing concepts and prototypes to make sure we decide on the best options; and then once we have higher-fidelity prototypes, testing again to make sure the fine details are right. For all insight you gather, you’ll capture, report and share it appropriately with the relevant teams to make sure it can be understood, prioritised and actioned.
Your knowledge and experience will enable you to independently and proactively manage your own research activity, and your collaboration with others. For example, in working with the UX Designers in the team – supporting them with testing they perform themselves, by sharing your knowledge of good practice, reviewing scripts, etc. Collaborating with the Digital Insights team will allow you to provide rounded feedback that achieves maximum impact.
Usability testing skills are paramount to this role – you’ll need to be able to demonstrate proficiency in planning, scripting, moderating and reporting, as well as identifying key areas to focus on, ideally with suggestions from your experience about how to do this! The testing will be a combination of in-house sessions in our in-house testing lab, remote unmoderated tests using a third-party tool and guerrilla testing, for desktop and mobile devices. As you’d expect, oral and written communication skills are also a key part of this role, as you’ll be wanting to share your findings with the whole team. You’ll also need to be able to get up to speed quickly, to understand the needs of our customers, market differences and the objectives of the business.
- An enthusiastic UX/Digital Researcher, ideally with a background in User Centred Design and knowledge of Agile processes
- Significant experience performing a research role in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Proven capability in all phases of Usability Testing, with experience of using a modern testing tool/platform
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Confidence in dealing face-to-face with test participants, and in presenting and explaining insight to stakeholders
- Collaborative approach to work with different disciplines to achieve deeper insights
- Ability to mentor and support less experienced members of the team
- Ability to speak in Dutch or German as well as English would be highly desirable
Prior to any interview it would be helpful to provide examples of any relevant previous work, eg usability test scripts, reports of findings, etc.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.