Luton, United Kingdom
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Customer Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer and Marketing products and platforms We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Customer and Marketing domain technology organisation which Looks after all products and systems related to our customers. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the whole of TUI group.
The Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across TUI. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering with a DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills, you will work to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs. You will provide technical leadership within your team, shape engineering processes and practices, coach and develop other team members, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence. You will lead complex technical solution delivery and will work within a Product team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business. You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets. You will diligently care about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations. You will use your deep technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables. You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
You have a proven track record in delivering cloud enablement services to customer teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the different teams in the IT Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You perform a leading role in Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. You need little to no supervision to perform your work and regularly coach, guide and further develop more junior colleagues.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Proven deep knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment
- Advanced skill set for understanding and solving complex problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity
- Ability to fully own and lead complex problems and/or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across the domain.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing AWS resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes
- Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies, e.g. Python, GoLang, Java, Node.JS
- Strong scripting language skills e.g. Terraform/Cloud Formation/Ansible
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI or Circle CI
- Excellent knowledge in networking like IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs
- Professional level AWS certification
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills for complex areas coupled with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.