Back End Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local regulations
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
The Back End Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole
software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Back End Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation. Also Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Go, or Java and their respective eco-systems
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Very good knowledge of Java from version 11 and relevant frameworks/concepts such as Spring Boot, RESTful Services; experience in designing microservices an advantage.
- Professional experience in microservice software development with Kubernetes desirable.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.