Aviation Support Executive | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Full Time or Part Time
23 - 37.5 hours
The role of Aviation Support Executive will be to maintain the Viking aviation system and all associated administrative functions; supply the initial flying programme to Flight Trading; communicate changes to the flying programme internally and externally; provide administrative support to the wider Aviation Planning team. There will be lots of internal networking and the role holder will work closely with Flight Trading, Finance, Airline and Operations.
The time that our TUI customers spend away on our holidays is precious. That’s why we need to understand what our customers want as well as how the world is evolving so we can design, develop, price and deliver dream holidays to over 6 million customers every single year. That’s where our Commercial Business Development (CBD) team come in – we create the magic. We look after our people and sustainably deliver growth and profitability. Using the latest technology and extensive collaboration we focus on career development within a fun, fast-paced culture.
Within Aviation Planning we are a team of specialist experts who are committed to providing better choices for customers flying with us. We work collaboratively across the business to ensure we have the right planes in the right places to deliver the best customer experience.
Please note we are flexible with regards to the working hours and will be considering both full-time and part-time applications for this 12-month Fixed Term Contract (part-time will be a min. of 23 hours per week)
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th February 2020.
How you will make an impact as an Aviation Support Executive
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Input and maintain each season’s flying programme in Viking in an accurate and timely manner.
- You will action amendments to the flying programme in the system and issue programme changes to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- You will create administration notices from instructions received from managers within the business, challenging any ambiguity or illogical data.
- Support and manage the Aviation Support Mailbox within agreed timelines.
- You will also review programme checks received from third party suppliers ensuring all queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively, liaising with the Aviation Sales team as necessary.
- You will be able to carry out reconciliations between the Viking and Netline systems, investigating any discrepancies and take appropriate action to ensure data integrity.
- You will be expected to gain an understanding of aviation terminology, including aircraft types, airport codes and flight patterns as well as the ability to read and interpret the flight plot.
What you will bring as an Aviation Support Executive
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Ideally have knowledge and experience with Aviation Planning and/or the travel industry
- Engaging communicator, confident in dealing with various situations and always to a high standard
- Resilient to adapt to change quickly and have that much-needed attention to detail
- The teamwork closely together so you will be a true team player
- You will be a highly organised individual with lots of enthusiasm and desire to learn
- PC Literate with basic knowledge of Word and Excel
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!