Staff Chief Engineer Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Fleet
Flexibler Vertrag (Einsatz im Ausland)
TUI Cruises GmbH is looking for a full-time crew member to start as soon as possible on Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Fleet:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Engineering Division in the Chief Engineer’s absence and reporting directly to him
- Supervision and training of crew in operation, repair and maintenance of equipment
- Serving as damage control officer of the ship
- Maintaining the ship in accordance with specifications set forth by the flag state, classification society and ship management
- Planning and executing all preventative maintenance, voyage and emergency repairs to the vessel
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and Marine Superintendent with the preparation of shipyard job specifications
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records of ship machinery in digital format and follow necessary procedures to maintain or overhaul machinery
- Supervising all Engine Department personnel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Chief Engineer’s License according STCW COC III/2
- Current STCW certification, basic safety, advanced firefighting, security related training, service on passenger vessels,
- General knowledge skills applicable to the various systems on board Cruise vessels
- Excellent knowledge of all national and international safety and environmental protection provisions
- Ability to handle computer based maintenance system
- Ability to interpret ship’s plans and prints, draw engineering plans and prepare job orders
- Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work without supervision
- Ability to supervise Crew/contractors
- Good communication/social skills
- Excellent English verbal/written
- Guest and Service oriented
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Employment contract with TUI Cruises incl.social insurance for residence in Germany
- A collegial and open-minded team
- Supply of uniforms and free cleaning on board
- Discovering the world on varied routes
We keep the guest in focus every step of the way! Would you like to go that extra mile with us?
*We look forward to receiving your application – regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, worldview, sexual orientation and/or disability – by email.
Your contact person for the position is Mrs Wiebke Lage from the Fleet HR department.
Do you have any questions about TUI Cruises and/or our application process? You will find comprehensive information and FAQs on our careers page. Or send us an email at FleetHR@tuicruises.com.
Fragen zum Job? Ich beantworte sie gerne.
Telefon: +49 40 60001-5223
Bitte beachten: Ausschließlich für Rückfragen. Bewerbungen werden nur online über das Bewerberportal angenommen.