Airline Systems Support Manager (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Depends on local regulations
*The position is based in Hanover, but can also be performed from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*The position offers the possibility of mobile work with an office presence as required.*
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Flight Operations IT is a global team within TUI Technology responsible for the group-wide IT landscape of TUI Airline. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
The Airline Systems Support Manager is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused support delivery practices. You are responsible for the smooth functioning of IT systems and mobile device applications for our cockpit and cabin crew members in five different countries.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Airline Systems Support Manager you will work in the Airline IT – Flight Operations IT team. You will actively improve service processes that have an impact to our flight crews. To get the changes implemented and approved by authorities, you will coordinate between responsible business- and IT departments.
In addition you will ensure that flight operational applications and other IT systems used by flight and cabin crew members are available on their iPads. You will ensure that any operational issue gets assigned to the appropriate level of priority within IT. Furthermore, you will check potential security issues associated with the installed applications and perform acceptance tests prior to release.
- Participate in relevant IT projects within TUI Group
- Identify and improve critical processes
- Analyse incidents and identify problems that affect users
- Provide system administration of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Make sure that documents are updated when changes are implemented
- Provide support for client requests via ITSM; resolve via email or phone
- Strong interest in IT, preferably in Mobile Device Management
- Experience with troubleshooting mobile device issues, such as bugs and enrollments in a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system
- Proficient understanding of Atlassian Suite (JIRA/ TestRail and Confluence)
- Familiarity with best practices for service management (ITIL) is beneficial
- Customer centric; passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Strong problem-solving skills and good communication skills
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner mentality
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Fluent in English, ideally having worked in international teams
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.