Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Software Developer (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect a: Software Developer (m/f/d).
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT – There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Software Developer (m/f/d), you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. You will also focuse on research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You are always clear and vocal about what you believe in without coming across as preachy or dogmatic.
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – There is more than one way tothe perfect fit:
- Profound knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design;
- Good understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation.
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side;
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Go, or Java and their respective eco-systems;
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL);
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
TUI Group´s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, please visit our website www.tuigroup.com.