Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Business Analyst - Web
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on local contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Business Analyst to join the newly formed Web Platforms technology organisation which powers TUI’s global e-commerce services and products across all European markets.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
As a Business Analyst you will be working within a fast-paced environment, playing a key role in agile product teams delivering value and enhancing the customer journey. You will collaborate with product owners, UX and UI designers and software developers to clearly define, document and communicate requirements to implement new changes and enhancements to our digital platforms.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Business Analyst
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for defining and articulating business needs in a way that enables the definition and design of solutions that will add value across TUI’s global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services. You will plan and deliver high quality business analysis to support the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets, developing a deep understanding of the customer experience, business processes and data flows between systems and services and the link to business capabilities.
You will be passionate about business agility, adopting lean thinking to bring about evolutionary change using an experimental approach and building on iterative feedback through continuous stakeholder collaboration.
Working alongside a varied set of stakeholders across TUI Group including agile delivery and transformation teams, developers, architects, product owners, quality assurance, digital analysts, data analysts and business teams you will need to understand and document new business, user and system requirements and to manage the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery and business acceptance.
The role will also require you to process requests for technical requirements for systems and applications; document & detail the requirements and ensure clear documentation is available as required.
What you will bring to TUI as a Business Analyst
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Demonstrable experience of creating user stories, epics and acceptance criteria/scenarios within a BDD framework
- A good understanding of agile/lean software delivery teams, tools and techniques and the software development lifecycle including knowledge of Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to provide business analysis input to multiple agile delivery teams and work closely with the product owner to prioritise and manage complex backlogs
- Technical acumen with significant experience in digital agile software delivery, ideally E-Commerce/Retail/Travel/Digital Experience within an Enterprise business
- Experience of requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling (BPM), UML, test/use cases and prototyping
- Track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Collaborative and innovative approach able to bridge the, sometimes conflicting, demands of multiple stakeholders across multiple markets and suppliers
- Innovative, curious mind capable of seeing things in a different light and searching out new ways of doing things
- Substantial experience of large-scale agile delivery, ability to work effectively in a global team across market and cultural boundaries
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial acumen. Adept at understanding complex problems and communicating findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Create, analyse and validate detailed functional specifications and elements of systems design; including data rules, business rules, wireframes or other detailed deliverables that articulate how a business need should be satisfied
- Ability to interface with and lead people of all seniorities and roles, across organisational and cultural boundaries
- Appropriate level of technical skills necessary to interrogate data to aid problem solving
- Excellent communicator in English
- May require travel – including some overseas travel
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA