Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solutions Architect - Web
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web & 3rd party is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer Experience & Engagement. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Customer Experience & Engagement stream, part of TUI’s Digital Transformation team.
Playing a pivotal role the Solution Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies, develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Platforms Strategies. Engage, mentor, support and motivate team members in their development and provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice.
The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve TUI Group’s cross channel, dynamic Customer Marketing capabilities.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
How you will make an impact as a Solution Architect
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Solution Architect you will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack.
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in the field. You will think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape the architecture of the web domain. You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You will have a strong background of agile delivery models (onshore and near/offshore) in an international context, working with senior technology and business stakeholders and managing large-scale, cloud-based technology stack. You will advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices across the domain.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
What you will bring to TUI as a Solution Architect
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experience of Customer and Marketing oriented projects – inception to go-live
- Proven track record in designing scalable, highly-performant and resilient global solutions
- Strong grasp of and experience with cloud technology (AWS), cloud architecture, scalable design patterns, CI/CD, DevSecOps practices, microservices and ideally microfrontends
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices and be able to incorporate these into the designs.
- Conception of strategic, innovative software and system architectures for the further development of online and IT systems
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders
- Passionate about agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile WoW.
- Able to develop a helicopter view and a long-term vision.
- Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities
- Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach to drive the spirit required in a fast-paced digital space.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries. Able to disagree yet align.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA