Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
IT Supplier Manager - Portfolio
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on local contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for an IT Supplier Manager to join the newly formed Web Platforms technology organisation which powers TUI’s global e-commerce services and products across all European markets. You will be key in managing commercial and operational relationships with vendors and suppliers, consolidating the newly formed portfolio across regions and negotiating, managing and redeveloping contracts to ensure maximum value.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
As the IT Supplier Manager you will; take ownership for supplier contract management and relationship management, drive excellence and maximise value throughout the complete commercial lifecycle. Using effective governance frameworks, you will collaborate with delivery teams and the Web leadership team to govern supplier relationships, monitor performance, identify improvements and cost optimisations to ensure value for money.
How you will make an impact as a Supplier Manager:
There are many ways for you to get involved
- Accountability for the relationship and commercial management of IT vendors and suppliers, ensuring that the services delivered meet the business requirements.
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers from orders to billing, overseeing work requests to ensure cost effective, efficient and timely provision of services.
- Identify opportunities for cost saving, cost avoidance and improved contractual terms. Ensure value for money and enforce contractual penalties where required.
- Supplier Management
- Manage suppliers to the agreed governance framework, chairing meetings, briefing executives and management, managing action plans to ensure delivery of commitments.
- Ensure delivery of the appropriate reporting such as KPIs, SLAs, OLAs to support the governance framework, constantly review reporting to ensure relevance and follow up actions identified through reporting.
- Mature supplier relationships and governance frameworks, manage and execute stakeholder engagement plans including renewal roadmap reviews.
- Risk management of suppliers – identify and highlight appropriate issues that could put the supplier or the service at risk. Report and escalate when appropriate.
- Drive improvements in supplier performance by working across the business to promote and implement appropriate commercial strategies, including rationalisation and consolidation programmes.
- Lead communication with and between suppliers, integrating suppliers with each other and with other elements of IT and the business where appropriate.
- Manage the lifecycle of supplier contracts, from identification of needs through options and selection, contraction negotiation as well as benchmarking, renewal and termination, interfacing with internal teams as appropriate (Procurement, Legal etc.)
- Maintain database of contract information and provide analysis, summary or comment on relevant contracts as required.
- Take an active role in leading the Supplier & Commercial Management community across IT, increasing maturity and contributing to the development of the community and common capabilities.
- Line management of IT Commercial Analysts leading by examples, ensuring high standards, providing guidance and an environment for success.
What you will bring to TUI as a Supplier Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to build effective with key stakeholders and mature supplier engagements.
- Extensive experience of IT contract negotiations including hardware/software maintenance, licensing, professional services and managed services on contracts of up to £10m pa.
- Strong track record of supplier management, relationship management and contract management. Experience of agile-based frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of outsourcing and offshoring/nearshoring enterprise-wide services and the models, tools and techniques used to affect efficient delivery.
- Business and commercial acumen. Drive, resilience and energy to deliver to deadlines and adapt quickly to changes in priority.
- Ability to adopt various negotiation styles and techniques to deliver effective contracts.
- Meticulous attention to detail and rigorous retention of auditable documents/records.
- Excellent analytical skills and a working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and terminology, together with Financial modelling and planning skills.
- Drive, resilience and energy and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in priority.
- Ability to interface with and lead people of all seniorities and roles, across organisational and cultural boundaries.
- Excellent communicator in English.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA