Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Quality Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
TUI Group IT is searching for a technical enthusiast, dedicated team lead and strategic thinker as Quality Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d).
“Web & 3rd Party APIs” is the global team in TUI Group IT who builds and operates all E-Commerce solutions, offering relaxing holidays and great travel products to our customers over many different web sites and portals across Europe. Billions of products have to be available 24/7 in real-time and to be offered in an inspiring way so our customers can find their favourite journeys. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
You are a thought leader in, a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused, agile software engineering practices? You want to lift test automation approaches and tooling, quality ownership and processes, and a customer-focused mindset to the next level and thus support all our many product teams? With your own hand-picked team? You are familiar with large-scale cloud environments and DevSecOps ways of working? You love to coach, train, and guide hands-on?
Then maybe we are searching exactly for you!
How you will make an impact – There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will work with your own team of quality engineering and test automation experts to support all our product teams;
- You will improve the teams’ quality assurance processes, from user story generation to production, and mature their expertise in test automation and software quality capabilities, tooling, processes and ways of working;
- You are going to embed all-team quality ownership across all our product teams;
- You will work with your own team to research, evaluate and test new software quality and test automation related processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively;
- You will help define the software quality related areas of the our technology strategy and lead your team to develop new tools and techniques to improve the necessary capabilities across the domain. For this you will collaborate closely with the global “Technology Enablement” teams in TUI to make sure our overall IT strategy stays consistent;
- As a dedicated team lead one of your key responsibilities is to the people in your team. You make sure they can grow and develop, doing valuable work, and foster a culture of self-organisation, learning and continuous improvement;
- You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. And you hate being in an ivory tower;
- You and your team will work mostly remotely with people from various countries, cultures, and technical backgrounds.
What you will bring – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale;
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing as well as software engineering practices like BDD, TDD and CI/CD;
- Thought leader in quality assurance and automation, active member of global quality and software engineering communities;
- People leadership experience, good coaching and mentoring skills;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous;
- Practical experience with a range of cloud technologies and services (preferably AWS);
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services;
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams;
- A true believer that integrity, full transparency and visualization are great means to identify areas of improvements and will foster a “fail safe culture”.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group;
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge;
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Flexible working environment;
- International career and development opportunities.