Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Cloud Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
TUI Group IT is searching for a technical enthusiast, dedicated team lead and strategic thinker as Cloud Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d).
“Web & 3rd Party APIs” is the global team in TUI Group IT who builds and operates all E-Commerce solutions, offering relaxing holidays and great travel products to our customers over many different web sites and portals across Europe. Billions of products have to be available 24/7 in real-time and to be offered in an inspiring way so our customers can find their favourite journeys. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
You are a thought leader in, a practitioner and an advocate of cloud engineering practices? You live and breathe AWS, love elegant cloud-native solution, and are driven by a DevSecOps mindset, infrastructure-as-code and automation wherever possible? You want to lift cloud engineering practices and tooling, cloud security, and software development excellence to the next level, with your own hand-picked team, and thus support all our many product teams? You love to coach, train, and guide hands-on?
Then maybe we are searching exactly for you!
How you will make an impact – There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will work with your own team of cloud engineering and security engineering experts to support all our product teams;
- You will improve the teams’ expertise in state-of-the art solution design and infrastructure-as-code capabilities, tooling, processes and ways of working on AWS and continuously improve CI/CD maturity and efficiency;
- You will guid an coach on cloud-native architectures in a high-volume, large-scale microservice and micro-frontend environment;
- You will work with your own team to research, evaluate and test new cloud engineering approaches and tools and help teams to use them effectively;
- You will help define the cloud engineering related areas of our Domain’s technology strategy and lead your team to develop new tools and techniques to improve the necessary capabilities across the domain. For this you will collaborate closely with the global “Technology Enablement” teams in TUI to make sure our overall IT strategy stays consistent;
- As a dedicated team lead one of your key responsibilities is to the people in your team. You make sure they can grow and develop, doing valuable work, and foster a culture of self-organisation, learning and continuous improvement;
- You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. And you hate being in an ivory tower;
- You and your team will work mostly remotely with people from various countries, cultures, and technical backgrounds.
What you will bring – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- Thought leader in cloud engineering practices, active member of global DevSecOps and software engineering communities;
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services;
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture and DevSecOps practices;
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out of technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
- People leadership experience, good coaching and mentoring skills;
- Strong experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model;
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers