Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
TUI Group IT is searching for a technical enthusiast, dedicated team lead and strategic thinker as a Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d).
“Web & 3rd Party APIs” is the global team in TUI Group IT who builds and operates all E-Commerce solutions, offering relaxing holidays and great travel products to our customers over many different web sites and portals across Europe. Billions of products have to be available 24/7 in real-time and to be offered in an inspiring way so our customers can find their favourite journeys. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
You are a thought leader in, a practitioner and an advocate of DevSecOps and SRE practices? You want to lift SRE practices and tooling, end-2-end observability, cloud infrastructure performance and incident processes to the next level, with your own hand-picked team, and thus support all our many product teams? You love to coach, train, and guide hands-on?
How you will make an impact – There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will work with you own team of SRE and “DevOps” experts to support all our product teams;
- You will improve their expertise in DevSecOps and SRE capabilities, tooling, processes and ways of working and continuously improve CI/CD, automation and monitoring/observability maturity and efficiency;
- You will work with your own team to research, evaluate and test new SRE/DevSecOps processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively;
- You will help define the SRE-related areas of the Domain’s technology strategy and lead your team to develop new tools and techniques to improve the necessary capabilities across the domain. For this you will collaborate closely with the global “Technology Enablement” teams in TUI to make sure our overall IT strategy stays consistent;
- As a dedicated team lead one of your key responsibilities is to the people in your team. You make sure they can grow and develop, doing valuable work, and foster a culture of self-organisation, learning and continuous improvement;
- You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. And you hate being in an ivory tower;
- You and your team will work mostly remotely with people from various countries, cultures, and technical backgrounds.
What you will bring – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- Thought leader in SRE/DevSecOps practices, active member of global quality and software engineering communities;
- Strong hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on operational excellence;
- Experience working with highly-available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out of technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services;
- People leadership experience, good coaching and mentoring skills;
- Strong experience with automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model;
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills;
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group;
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge;
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Flexible working environment;
- International career and development opportunities.