Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
IT Project Manager - Product
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
This IT Project Manager vacancy is within the Product domain of the TUI Group Technology (IT) team. This domain is primarily responsible for management and execution of product focussed business change projects enabled by technology. It is also responsible for managing engagement between the business and technology teams.
You will be responsible for the definition, governance and delivery of a range of technology projects across the business.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
How you will make an impact as an IT Project Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
The Project Manager will join the Technology team on a permanent basis. You’ll be accountable for the end-to-end management and delivery of assigned development, managing financial and people usage to ensure that your wider team of technology and business stakeholders are engaged and supported. Collaboration will be required with sponsors and technology professionals such as architecture and development specialists to achieve successfully delivery.
You will also build, lead and motivate a team which may involve people from other areas, regions and third-party suppliers. Within this role you will also be responsible for the production of key project documentation. e.g. plans, PID, dependency mapping, agile programme increments and sprints, risk and issue logs.
The key objective of this role is to manage technology projects that are part of a wider programme, ensuring successful delivery to agreed milestones. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and supportive team which will give you exposure to a range of projects.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
What you will bring to TUI as an IT Project Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Strong, practical project management experience ideally on small, medium and large scale projects
- Track record of successfully delivering projects in a flexible and appropriate manner
- Preferably hold APM Project Management Qualification
- An understanding of IT technology and its pragmatic application
- A thorough understanding of the development cycle and project management methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- Experience of managing remote development groups or third parties with a particular emphasis on offshore management
- Able to manage complexity and ambiguity with strong conflict management skills
- Experience in dealing with multiple vendors
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communicator with good influencing skills and strong conflict management skills
- Proven decision-making skills – excellent commercial judgement
- Team building and relationship management in an international environment
- It would be beneficial having travel industry experience
- Some overseas travel may be required
- Very good communicator in English (written and spoken)
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA