Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
(Senior) Front End Developer for Internal Flights (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect an (Senior) Front End Developer for Internal Flights (m/f/d) for the Domain Flight & Drive.
Possible locations: Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, Sweden.
You will be plunged into the world of new technologies and you will contribute to building one of the biggest platforms in the travel industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Take part as a developer in an international program to enhance and improve the platform
- You will build an application using modern Frontend frameworks (e.g. angular,react, vue.js)
- You will build reusable components using TypeScript
- Accept the requests for technical requirements for the systems; document and detail the requirements
- Perform bug fixing (troubleshooting and knowledge building to avoid errors in the future) and unit testing (special procedure for automated testing)
- Develop and implement technically optimal and market-driven IT solutions
- You will proactively contribute with your ideas to improve the day by day work by being involved in recurring team retrospectives
- Take responsibility for the consistency and viability of deployments and deliveries of software changes in the test and production environments
- Optimise and develop deployment processes with extensive automation
- Further develop software development methods and participate in communities of practice
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in computer science (preferable) or comparable expertise and experience gained on-the-job
- Experienced in the design and construction of service oriented architectures in AWS environments using Lambda / Serverless
- Good understanding of one or more framework and libraries like React or Vue
- Previous experience with Git
- Good understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment) in agile teams
- Previous experience with UX design is a plus
- Experience in domain driven design
- Very conscientious, independent work manner, quick to take on responsibility
- High-level social and teamwork skills
- Rapid, self-motivated learner
- A background in tourism is desirable but not essential.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI AND YOU
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline).
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.