Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Risk & Controls Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
As the Senior Manager, Group Risk & Controls, you will be responsible for ensuring there is sufficient management and monitoring of risks and internal controls across the Group.
TUI Group is currently undergoing significant transformation and this role is responsible for supporting senior stakeholders in ensuring an effective risk management and control monitoring process both during the transformation as well as embedding the process as business as usual thereafter. The department is also refining its processes to ensure that the in readiness for UK SOX compliance.
The line manager for this position is based in Luton and their team is located across the UK, but please note we are open to applications candidates from other locations.
Please note there will be a reasonable amount of local and overseas travel (generally 25%) in this role once we are able to travel again.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Working closely with the Head of Group Risk & Controls in embedding and maintaining risk management and internal control processes that meet the requirements of the executive and supervisory boards and in line with best practices and listing requirements
- Subject matter expert that represents Group Risk & Internal Control in all the current and future transformation activities, working closely with the M&A, TUI MM and TBS Risk & Control departments.
- Business Partnering all Internal Control stakeholders and providing sufficient support and challenge in these areas
- Overseeing the quarterly finance checklist process and driving to increase the application of the minimum control requirements with as much automation as possible.
- Enhancing and automating the current risk & control processes including the application of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) and Data Analytics
- Maintaining and enhancing the Group’s principal risk assessments working alongside the risk owners as well as the Head of Group Risk & Controls
- Assisting the Head of and Director as a subject matter expert in aligning the second lines of defense functions and internal audit – seeking to achieve further integrated assurance
- Supporting the wider department with the maintenance and enhancement of the Group’s risk & control system – seeking to automate the monitoring and reporting processes as much as possible
- Organisation and assistance in managing of the Group’s Risk Oversight Committee meetings
- Assisting with presentations to the Executive and Audit committees
- Managing a team of experienced risk & control professionals
- Supporting the development and training of the risk & controls community across the Group
- Risk & Internal Control professional with significant experience in embedding and maintaining risk management and internal control monitoring processes – Big 4 background advantageous but not essential
- Strong understanding of accounting requirements (IFRS, UK GAAP etc.) as well SOX implementation
- High level of knowledge and application of risk management and internal control frameworks (COSO / COBIT / ISO etc.)
- Experience in supporting transformation programmes from a risk & control perspective
- Knowledge of how automate control environment as well as the use of CCM and Data Analytics to monitor control performance
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with senior management both within and outside of Finance
- Background in utilizing data analytics (e.g. IDEA, ACL etc.) and business intelligence (Tableau, Spotfire etc.) applications to improve controls monitoring and MI quality
- Confidence to challenge senior management on the status quo
- Experience of managing and developing a senior high performing team based in multi-locations
- Experience of large, complex finance departments
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Strong English language skills – German speaking desirable
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com