Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Front End Software Engineer
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
The Front End Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Front End Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation. Also Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, and other aspects of frontend and client-side development.
- Working knowledge of UI/UX design principles, tooling and workflows to build an engaging user experience.
- Good understanding of front-end delivery and performance aspects (infrastructure, HTTP protocol, etc.), analysis and optimisation.
- Knowledge of Braze customer engagement platform desirable
- Experience with consuming resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here