Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Site Reliability Engineer - Flight & Drive Domain (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotley from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
*The position is based in Hanover/ Germany, but can be managed on a mobile basis to a large extent.*
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Flight & drive Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for flight & drive sourcing. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Flight & Drive Domain technology organisation.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in SRE, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services.
- You work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
- You ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management.
- You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements.
- You are hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency.
- You will support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota.
- You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Active member within Communities of Practice
- AWS Certification at Associate level or above
- Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty
- Deep automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages
- Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge, e.g. Windows, Linux
- Good knowledge of networking and security aspects
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.