Director - Mobile & Payments
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
This role is advertised externally as Director – Mobile & Payments, however the successful candidate will have an internal title of ‘Domain Owner – Mobile & Payments’
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Mobile & Payments is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI’s Mobile Apps and Payment technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions. This includes development of new capabilities and features, and ongoing enhancements based on the agreed business roadmap and key priorities for all regions as well as operation and ongoing technical/ platform improvements of the relevant technology stacks.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
The Domain Owner/Technology Director, Mobile & Payments, as a senior leadership role in the Engagement Master Domain, has an end-to-end responsibility for the leadership of a number of cross-functional delivery teams looking after TUI’s Mobile Apps and Payment platforms, for overseeing the design, creation, delivery and operation of a range of IT-travel products and solutions across multiple markets in line with business priorities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Domain Owner/Technology Director Mobile & Payments you will be responsible for the leadership of a global team of technology experts and for overseeing product delivery, technology roadmap and software delivery lifecycle for new and existing services and solutions in the Mobile and Payments spaces across the Group. This includes TUI’s mobile apps across all markets as well as TUI’s Global Payments Platform. In your role, you will be setting the strategic direction, technology strategy and delivering capabilities for the ‘Mobile & Payments’ domain. You will be driving and defining advanced delivery and engineering practices, standards and methodologies for technology and service delivery. You will be accountable for the domain budget and have shared accountability (with Head(s) of Product) for the product and service outcomes aligned to agreed OKRs.
Your key responsibility is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together, and feeling engaged and supported. You will be responsible for motivating and leading an international team of 90+ people, typically delivering multiple large-scale initiatives simultaneously with budgets in excess of €10m. You will lead transformational change in technology and in ways of working including implementation of the new operating model across the Mobile & Payments domain.
You will focus on continuously improving ways of working within and between teams and improving cross-team collaboration and engagement across IT and Business communities. You will manage relationships with key partners and suppliers and secure that 3rd party deliveries are completed in line with business needs and in accordance with the domain technology standards and strategy.
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape people, delivery and technology strategy for your area. You will actively support DevSecOps approach to building and releasing features whilst constantly optimising the delivery of business value at pace. You will ensure we have the delivery capacity, capabilities and team culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset. You will have a full budget and cost responsibility for your domain in terms of delivery and operating costs for your teams including budget planning, cost management and cost tracking and, in collaboration with Heads of Technology and Heads of Product, you will strive to continue to improve delivery and operational efficiency.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- An experienced authentic, visionary servant leader with passion for technology.
- Well connected outside of the business, bringing external and progressive thinking to drive the capability forwards
- Proven track record in business and technology transformation
- Able to successfully navigate and manage complex, global portfolios
- Understanding emerging technologies and the opportunities they bring
- Strong experience in defining and executing technology vision and strategy in a global context
- Passionate about software delivery practices, mobile technologies and ecosystems (iOS, Android, Flutter etc) delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Strong experience delivering and operating cloud-native (AWS) digital products and services (in an agile development environment) at pace and at a global scale
- Strong knowledge of Mobile ecosystems, development practices and technologies
- Customer focused with passion for operational excellence
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring software engineers and other technology roles from different cultural backgrounds
- Quality mindset, delivering high quality products and supporting others to achieve and maintain a high standard
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders; able to disagree, yet align
- Good grasp of experience with the respective tech-stack (e.g. cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services and / or CI/CD and DevSecOps as well as operational (SRE) principles and practices)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here