(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d) - Marketing, Sales & Common Analytics
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
As a (Senior) Data Scientist you will work as part of an agile team to deliver innovative, algorithmic solutions to complex problems ensuring that solutions are rigorously tested and deliver business value. We expect solutions to make use of sophisticated algorithms whilst enabling high levels of decision-making transparency and user control. You will work at all stages of the development lifecycle from idea generation to testing, implementation and operational support.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be working with your fellow team members within your business area or across multiple teams and markets, to create and provide sophisticated solutions. Working on different business objectives and problems will require your excellent understanding of the context and challenges.
- You are accustomed to work with stakeholders both technical and non-technical, junior and senior and tailor your communication to meet their demand and expectation.
- You manage your own projects in an agile manner, help more junior colleagues to break down their tasks, in order to meet deadlines and maximise value.
- You like to solve business problems, automate processes, use cloud environments to your advantage and you are not hesitant to gain new technical skills. You will use your widespread understanding of the business to consult on possible solutions including their pros and cons and finding the best split between good enough and too complex.
- You are experienced in a wide range of different data science methods, including statistical models, machine learning and optimisation algorithms.
- Working with Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and different data structures is something you are used too, and you can source the required data from different areas.
- You have a degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, or a subject involving similar analytical skills;
- Proven track record of working with state-of-the-art data science methods, being aware of the latest research and transferring the knowledge to potential business cases;
- Great understanding of Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and different data structures;
- Excellent communication skills in breaking down complex solutions;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with an analytical mindset;
- Accustomed to data visualization and storytelling;
- Productionizing good quality code (e.g. Python, SQL, …);
- Ability to practice DevSecOps in a cloud environment and to manage your data science project in an agile manner.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.