Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
Hours per week:
Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Supplier Management & Procurement (SM&P) team is a vital part of TUI Airline, optimising value in all aviation contracts. As a Procurement Manager, you will be a subject matter expert in the field of IT. You are responsible for medium to high value/risk projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle.
You can be based in either Luton, Zaventem, Rijswijk, Hannover or Stockholm for this position
Applications close on the 31st October
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Understand and work in accordance with the category and departmental strategy. You will build subject matter knowledge, obtaining market intelligence and analysing market developments such as new trends, supplier entry/exists, competitor information and risks.
- Manage the procurement process for medium to high value/risk projects, following the business process and procedures manual.
- Lead procurement process in co-operation with operational stakeholders and work in close co-operation with other SM&P team members, as needed. You will evaluate all procurement requests and challenge internal customers and suppliers to provide innovative solutions, performing detailed proposal analysis and comparison.
- Manage medium-to-high value/risk contracts through their lifecycle from an administrative and commercial point of view, following the SM&P process and procedures manual.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters and support ongoing supplier management of contracts and support operational departments in ongoing supplier management of contracts.
- Manage escalated contractual claims and disputes (linked to the contracts/suppliers in your remit) between operational departments, support functions and suppliers and obtain adequate resolution, if contractual terms and conditions are not fulfilled.
- Undertake business travel, both for internal purposes and for supplier visits/meetings. You will be able to work from home when not needed in the office or required to travel; the mantra is very much that work is something you do, not somewhere you go.
- Have at least a relevant graduate degree, a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience. Master’s degree is desirable but not essential.At least five years of relevant experience.
- Highly proficient in English, knowledge of other languages desirable but not essential.
- Experience of managing projects, planning delivery and coordinating the inputs from different stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail.
- Good understanding of contractual legal terms and conditions.
- Effective communication and reporting skills, able to tailor messaging for different stakeholders.
- Good negotiation, influencing and persuading skills.
- An understanding cultural differences, able to manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.