Senior Business Analyst - Product
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on local contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Product Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for managing the products sold by TUI. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
The Senior Business Analyst is a critical thinker with a keen eye for detail. Actively consulting with stakeholders, probing to create and communicate a common understanding of the problem that needs solving. Working within a fast-paced agile environment, the Senior Business Analyst thinks outside of the box, loves collaborating across teams and is a lifelong learner.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Senior Business Analyst, you are part of a cross-functional team that delivers end to end solutions from conception to operation. You will collaborate with architects, analysts, business stakeholders, product owners, software developers, technology leads and UX/UI designers to clearly define, document and communicate requirements that will enable implementation of new changes and enhancements to our digital platforms in an agile manner.
You’re responsible for evaluating solution options, consulting with a range of stakeholders as needed to define and articulate business needs in a way that enables the design and delivery of technical solutions that add value across TUI global platforms and services. You use your deep understanding of TUI products and systems, business models, processes, data flows and their link to business capabilities to plan and deliver high quality business analysis that supports the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets.
Working alongside a varied set of technology and business stakeholders, you define and document new business, user, and system requirements, considering impacts to upstream/downstream services. You manage the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery, and business acceptance. You can provide business analysis to multiple delivery teams using different development methodologies, but mainly agile, and work closely with the product owners and business leads to prioritise and manage complex backlogs.
As a Senior Business Analyst you distil the needs of business and using your excellent collaboration skills you support your team to deliver the best solutions to our customers’ needs. You are commercially astute, focusing on solving business problems in the best way and are well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial acumen. Adept at understanding complex problems and communicating findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative approach, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate agreement across multiple markets in a global structure
- Experience in working across multiple complex products/services/system domains
- Proficient at using requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling (BPM), UML, test/use cases and prototyping
- Deep knowledge in and extensive experience with creating, analysing and validating detailed functional specifications and elements of systems design; including data rules, business rules, wireframes or other detailed deliverables that articulate how a business need should be satisfied
- Experience in coaching more junior colleagues
- Strong track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Excellent influencing skills, being able to identify and validate priorities and to gain agreement on requirements
- Awareness of the key technologies used in delivering integrated cloud based solutions
- Ability to assess if proposed solutions meet the agreed requirements and able to contribute with alternative approaches
- Demonstrable experience of creating user stories, epics and acceptance criteria/scenarios within a BDD framework
- A good understanding of agile/lean software delivery methodology, tools and techniques and the software development lifecycle including knowledge of Scrum and KanbanCustomer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement
Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org