Senior Security Engineer
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We global are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Senior Security Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art secure coding, secure design and security automation practices with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Security Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables secure coding, secure design, and security automation skills and capabilities in domains. Being an enthusiast in information security, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
You will use your deep technical skills to create software products that are secure by default and work collaboratively with software engineers, cloud engineers and architects to ensure information security is considered throughout the design and implementation of software products and services.
You stay up to date with TUI group practices and foster a “security first” mindset. You work alongside engineering teams to understand the threat landscape, business requirements and to describe security risks and goals. You provide your team with tooling and automation to identify possible threats and vulnerabilities before they are promoted to production, thereby helping them to protect our customers’ data. You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software on AWS.
You take an engineering approach to solving security problems, selecting and guiding teams to use the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Deep experience in designing secure, highly available, distributed applications and in secure coding practices in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Experience with information security standards & practices and their practical implications
- Deep automation skills, hands-on with some programming languages
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications on AWS
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com