2023 Commercial Placement Programme - Luton - 12 months
Luton, United Kingdom
*This is a 12-month placement which is based in Luton; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university.
* Starting salary for the role is £18,500 per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
* Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Commercial team help design, develop, and deliver dream holidays for our customers, delivering growth and profitability through cleverly managing price, focusing on cost, and controlling the availability of our products. From liaising with hotel buyers, to forecasting travel trends, developing holiday brochures, and pricing holidays – it’s all in a day’s work in this area of our business.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOB
During your placement, you’ll spend 12 months in either Trading , Ancillaries or First Choice teams. Throughout the recruitment process, we’ll consider you for all routes, and you’ll have the opportunity to indicate your preference – if you have one – which we’ll consider when we assess your strengths in line with each area.
In all roles, you’ll gain a full insight into our Commercial function, supporting a portfolio of destinations and making important commercial decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI.
Trading (Beach or Cruise)
- Ensure our products are available to our customers at the right price, at the right time, in line with demand and competition
- Focus on either Cruise or Beach holidays, identifying the best way to sell our beds and aircraft seats to maximise profits
- Responsibility for a number of cruise ships or holiday destinations, enhancing both flight and cabin/hotel performance. You do this by reviewing and analysing sales trends, while manipulating our yield management system to make effective recommendations to deliver your trading strategy in line with market conditions – think stock market, but for holidays!
- You monitor and react to demand in the competitive holiday market, taking relevant pricing actions to maximise opportunities and overcome any barriers to sale
- As Ancillaries Product & Pricing Executive, you will be working within a fast-paced team environment, responsible for the revenue lines of our key in-house ancillaries. You’ll strive to optimise sales and profitability in order to hit key performance indicators.
- In this analytical role you will be using multiple reports to analyse trends. You will make informed recommendations and decisions, to deliver results in line with the Ancillaries budget and three-year plan.
- You will constantly monitor and react to demand, offering relevant pricing solutions to maximise opportunities and overcome any barriers to sales. Your decisions will directly feed into the overall financial performance of TUI UK&I.
- You will also need to build effective strong internal relationships with key stakeholders across the business. You will work to improve the content and distribution of our products, ultimately to increase conversion of our ancillary products.
- You will contribute to the delivery of a bold new strategy for First Choice as part of a fun, dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
- You will be responsible for analysing sales trends across a range of holiday products (hotels, flights, transfers, ancillaries, experiences) to optimise commercial performance in line with the First Choice strategy. You will balance commercial and customer considerations to ensure commercial performance is achieved in line with the First Choice brand values.
- You will monitor and report on competitor activity, analysing trends and identifying commercial opportunities for First Choice.
- You will build strong relationships with commercial, distribution and content stakeholders across TUI to overcome any barriers to sale and ensure commercial targets are met.
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2023) as part of your third year at university
- A passion for business development, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org