Customer Experience Airport Team Leader
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Our TUI Customer Experience Airport Rep Team are an integral part of our business. They’re a friendly face, and someone who our customers can depend upon when faced with uncertainty on the day of travel at UK airports.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for supporting the airport reps in leading the shift and driving excellent customer service by ensuring the team are resourced correctly thoughout the shift and placed at relevant customer touch points according to operational needs on the day. You will support the team in solving issues on the spot, face to face and coaching the reps in delivering pre-determined customer policies and full role responsibilities to the highest standard.Working on a shift pattern basis (includes weekends & bank holidays); you’ll be supporting the wider Customer Operations Team and airport operations teams in the initial response to customer operational disruption.
There may be a requirement to work at various UK airports due to the operational nature of the role. The UK airports allocated will consider your geographical location and pre-agreed petrol costs/expenses will be covered where you are not working at your pre-agreed base.
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract available from April until 31st October 2024.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead the rep team whilst on duty and managing their whereabouts ensuring efficiency.
- Coach the team in resolving issues acting as an escalation point for the airport reps during the operation. You’ll also be joining daily operation calls with the wider Customer Operations Team to review & sharing information regarding the program, cascading daily issues and offering soloutions.
- Encourage and support the reps to use their empowerment and offer coaching sessions to enhance team performance.
- Ensure all airport reps are maintaining accurate logs of all daily events impacting customers and escalating trends to line manager.
- Support the team on a daily basis and ensure collaborative working between stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience Airport Team Manager in delivering pre agreed objectives & KPI’s.
- Confident in supporting management strategy and new ways of working.
- Customer centric with a passion for driving improved customer service & the ability to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Experience of holding difficult conversations with customers face to face
- Ability to make quick decisions based on limited information
- Support a team of people in resolving customer issues quickly and effectively
- A high standard of written communication with good attention to detail
- Represent the company with customers and maintain the high standards of customer service expected
- Ability to make informed decisions & review/resolve simple escalated situations
- Effective collaboration and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative with the confidence to escalate incidents where appropriate
- Ability to cope with pressure multi-task and make informed decisions within tight deadlines
- Confident in using new technology and company systems.
- Flexible to work weekends and support team holiday cover
- Confident in creating and maintaining new working relationships within a well-established environment
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts and special offers
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.