Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Marketing & Lifestyle Copywriter
Luton, United Kingdom
Marketing & Communications
We’re looking for a Marketing & Lifestyle Copywriter to join our dynamic and highly creative team, writing TUI UK’s customer-facing editorial marketing and lifestyle copy. The role – which reports directly into the Marketing & Lifestyle Copy Editor – includes writing copy for customer emails, web merchandising and home page messaging, tourist board collateral, plus out-of-home, press, video, affiliates, apps and retail adverts. And, you’ll play a key part in producing short-form copy for regular national campaigns, across a number of channels. Plus, longer-form, lifestyle articles for our brochures, magazines and our inspirational platform Discover,
How you will make an impact as a Marketing & Lifestyle Copywriter
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- The Marketing & Lifestyle Copywriter will bring to life TUI UK’s products and brands through innovative and engaging marketing copy. This should follow a digital (mobile-first) approach to copywriting. All marketing & lifestyle writing will need to – where necessary – be optimised for SEO, while still keeping an engaging, narrative flow.
- The ideal candidate will be confident enough to co-ordinate and manage new editorial requirements from around the business, often with short deadlines and rapidly shifting commercial requirements. You’ll also need to demonstrate a consistent and seamless tone of voice that supports and maintains the customer journey across all touch points. This skill will need to be delivered across all elements of the TUI and First Choice brands.
- As well as great writing skills, you’ll need to possess some commercial acumen and understanding, and, as such, your writing will reflect customer/audience needs to drive engagement.
- Beyond the Editorial team, you’ll be expected to foster strong working partnerships with the wider Marketing division, especially SEO, E-commerce and Product, plus other key internal partners. Not only will this allow you to produce great copy, but you’ll also be responsible for influencing these stakeholders to ensure the business’ marketing and lifestyle communications are aligned and optimised for each channel and audience segment.
- You’ll also need to demonstrate the flexibility and ability to regularly contribute to all customer-facing communication channels. You’ll use your relationships with the wider business to pitch creative concepts rooted in our aligned divisional priorities, stakeholders’ requirements and priorities, and, conversely, to ensure multi-channel distribution and alignment of our creative. You will spot opportunities to push an editorial and inspiration-led agenda to align our channel messaging, by jumping on customer talking points and trends both inside and outside the world of TUI which align with our brand strategy.
- We launch new products three times a year, so you’ll relish the opportunity to write inspirational articles across all TUI and First Choice brochure titles, as well as getting stuck into rewrites and refreshes of corporate messaging and materials.
- As a copywriter, it is a given that your grammar skills will be impeccable, but you’ll also need to be able to handle rewrites, edits and critiquing, both from your editor and other invested stakeholders.
- As a member of a team, you’ll show a ready willingness to help colleagues out, embrace change and represent your team at meetings.
What you will bring as a Marketing & Lifestyle Copywriter
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- A copywriter who is flexible working to briefs for punchy seven word headlines, then moving to longer form inspirational copy
- A writer who can apply a journalist’s expertise to drive a customer-led agenda regarding the definition of inspirational content.
- A proactive, organised self-starter who can produce content quickly, on time, whilst juggling multiple briefs
- An eagle-eyed writer who is obsessed about tone of voice, grammar and good English.
- A brand champion who believes wholeheartedly in the importance of brand and products in relation to the overall customer journey.
- Knowledge of other areas of content marketing such as video, social media and SEO
- Experience using a CMS
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA