Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
HR Business Partner
Luton, United Kingdom
HR & Legal
As an HR Business Partner, you will join a dynamic, fun and fast-paced HR function based at our Luton Head Office along with working some of the week from home. Acting as a partner to areas of our Head Office business you will build and maintain strong relationships with leaders and their teams.
As an HR Function we support recruiting and developing the best talent and work to develop a culture for all our colleagues that helps them help our customers experience unforgettable moments and memories that last a lifetime. We are proud of our culture and values and we help to spread the ‘fairy dust’ that makes TUI such a special place to work.
We would be happy to consider applications from candidates wishing to work part time, 4 days per week
How you will make an impact as an HR Business Partner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Be responsible for developing and delivering the HR functional plan, working in collaboration with the business and across the wider HR team including centres of expertise and the shared service team. You will deliver all core elements of the HR strategy & plan on time and to a high standard.
- You will be responsible for coaching & partnering with senior leaders. You will be influential in areas of HR expertise and process whilst being supported regularly by a Head of HR in key activities and meetings where required.
- Developing plans to grow leaders at all levels, ensuring they are equipped with technical, behavioural and leadership capability. You will work with leaders to create functional talent plans and facilitate talent development and succession whilst identifying and promoting opportunities to grow early talent through new and existing schemes.
- You will be knowledgeable in key aspects of the Organisational Design process and able to lead small work-streams with supervision and be able to contribute to implementation plans and activity.
- You will have an interest in and some experience in supporting wellbeing activity and be able to talk about and influence practical solutions to improve inclusion across your business areas.
- Develop and deliver a resourcing plan to attract and retain talent with Resourcing and the business. You will be involved in hiring decisions up to senior leadership levels working alongside our resourcing team. You will coach managers on hiring and interview techniques and be curious on new external developments and how we can develop new methodologies. You will contribute to activities that enhance reputation and Employer Brand to improve resourcing activity.
- Delivering an engagement plan appropriate to functional needs and challenges; supporting with related activity and contribute to creative solutions.
- Support project, change & consultation plans to secure critical business changes are implemented. Support the development and delivery of consultation for all stakeholders (including European Workers Councils or UK Colleague Forum as appropriate) to support changes.
What you will bring as an HR Business Partner
There is more than one way shine, here are some of the ideal things:
- Ability to quickly and effectively build senior-level relationships, we really are a people business so this matters.
- Curiosity to understand ‘why’ and develop best fit solutions. Best practice might not work so we want you to think about what would be the right fit.
- Be a strong and visible advocate for change, lead and support the business through change.
- Ability to analyse and diagnose business issues and translate these into people-based solutions whilst continuing to contribute and communicate with a wider commercial view. You’ll know HR process and the legal framework but use this to shape solutions not as the stick.
- Challenging and questioning approach rather than the acceptance of ‘what is’ but always being sensitive to corporate memory.
- Care about wellbeing and inclusion with knowledge of practical and meaningful solutions to deliver progress in both areas.
- Be digitally curious
- A demonstratable understanding of the majority of HR disciplines and new emerging HR trends.
- Be as passionate about your own self-development as that of the functions you support.
- Ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous, fast-paced, constantly changing matrix environment
- Be able to see the wood through the trees, identify the issue and support the delivery of practical solutions
- Curious about how a business makes it money and delivers great customer service
- CIPD qualification is desirable but if you have got your experience through another route then that is ok too!
- It helps if you love holidays as we are all passionate about the happiness, experience and memories you gain through travel.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third-largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA