(Java) Developer Content B2C Websites (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotley from another city in Germany or from one of our EU locations. Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are going to build a new and innovative Digital Platform for travellers and need your ideas and support to create the best and most appealing content for our customers.
Our Content and Retail Domain is a globally staffed team with multi-disciplinary experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery. We are responsible for sourcing, enriching and delivering content (texts, images, videos, etc.) for each travel related product type and providing services across Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Belgium.
The OneContentPlatform will provide our product information with the best content available to B2C websites in all markets, B2B retail solutions and for brochure production. We will create a highly automated solution which is located completely in the cloud and deliver content by different state-of-the-art API solutions which are based on customer demands. We will create a modern user interface for our customers as well as for business users to control defined content workflows and optimize data based on analytical processes driven by KPIs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work in an international team with likeminded, creative and motivated people and contribute your own ideas in our Community of Practices
- Work with the latest technologies (AI, AWS, etc.) and create a new platform from scratch, owning the service end2end
- See the outcome of your work directly on our global websites as well as the value for our customers
- Coordinate and co-design the architecture, data integration and performance management as well as the scalability of tourist applications
- Accept the requests for technical requirements for the systems; document and detail the requirements
- Perform bug fixing (troubleshooting and knowledge building to avoid errors in the future) and unit testing (special procedure for automated testing)
- Test functionality and produce readable documentation for the created sources in accordance with the documentation guidelines
- Take responsibility for the consistency and viability of the software changes made in the test and production environments and of deployments and deliveries of software changes in the test and production environments
- Computer science degree or comparable expertise and experience gained on-the-job;
- You love to design, construct and further develop IT application landscapes, ideally in the tourism environment
- Passion to work in an agile and autonomous environment
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include sound experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- You love to work conscientious, independent and to quickly take on responsibilities
- Technologies you worked with or would like focus on in the future: Java, TypeScript, API design (REST, GraphQL), event based architectures; GitLab, GitHub (or similar systems – repository and CI/CD pipelines), AWS Cloud services, Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Preferably you are bringing 2+ years of hands-on Java (Spring-Boot) experience and expertise in building infrastructure based on code (CloudFormation, CDK)
- You are having a deep understanding of formal software test design techniques, Software Development Life Cycle, QA process and test
- Fluent written and spoken English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Flexible working environment
- International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.