Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Tax Manager | Crawley or Luton | TUI
Crawley, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
Group tax is an essential function in helping to ensure the group complies with and understands its tax obligations across all countries in which it operates. As UK Tax Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Tax you will help advise and guide the UK business to ensure it meets its compliance and reporting obligations in a timely and efficient manner. You will partner with the business to ensure initiatives and ideas are undertaken in a tax-efficient way to help the UK Group manage its significant tax liabilities.
This is an exciting time to join us at TUI as we focus on technology and look towards a bright future in travel. To be successful in this role you’ll have a good understanding of UK corporate tax and will act as a Subject Matter Expert for all things compliance, reporting and advisory. You will work closely with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure the tax affairs across a diverse portfolio of UK businesses are dealt with efficiently and effectively. You will gain exposure to a wide range of issues across a diverse and exciting business from airline and tour operator, to retail and technology development. You will have the opportunity to improve efficiency, process and governance whilst gaining exposure to interesting and complex tax issues.
How you will make an impact as Tax Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Responsible for the UK tax returns and the calculation and management of UK corporation tax payments. This will include key tax sensitive areas such as CIR, CFC review as well as managing capital allowances and group relief across the UK group.
- Help develop existing control frameworks and help manage tax risks as part of SAO and CCO governance.
- Prepare tax disclosures for statutory accounts and play a significant role in preparing tax provisions at year end under IFRS for group reporting.
- Support quarterly reporting and help calculate ETR and cash tax forecasts as well as modelling the tax effect of future tax law changes.
- Have the opportunity to support and educate the business on tax compliance, reporting and advisory work. There is lots of scope to get involved with and gain exposure to other areas of tax including employment, transfer pricing and wider international tax projects. You will also provide advice in respect of the legal entity structure and support simplification.
- Have a significant amount of contact with HMRC. You will help respond to queries and enquiries and ensure the business maintains an open and honest relationship with the tax authority.
- This role reports into and will be supported by the Head of Tax, UK and Ireland but you will have lots of interaction with the wider tax team.
What you will bring as Tax Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Qualified ACA and/ or CTA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of UK corporate tax, awareness of other direct taxes is useful but not essential
- Working knowledge of tax accounting principle under IFRS.
- Experience working with Onesource or Alphatax
- Someone who can communicate complex tax matters to a wide audience
- Motivated team player with a desire to learn
- Excellent organisation & multi-tasking, along with being proactive and confident to own workload
- Strong communicator who can work with a wide range of teams
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA