Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Data Lake Engineer (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Customer & Common Analytics technology organisation which is responsible for providing common Analytics technology, processes and innovation as well as Analytics solutions in the area of customer experience, sales, digital and marketing including a Group data lake.
The Data Lake Engineer (m/f/d) is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Lake Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Data Lake Engineer (m/f/d), you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that collaborates with internal data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers as well as external resources to build scalable solutions for data acquisition, storage, and processing. Being an enthusiast in big data engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and take over an expert role in optimizing the Data Lake for optimal data integration and processing with big data technologies.
- You will be a driver of innovative capabilities for the data lake and promote these possibilities to existing and potential consumers.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data lake architecture which is consistent with the consumers’ needs.
- You will work on data ingestion, data management, data catalogs and providing data delivery to other systems. Furthermore, you understand and support your fellow Data Analysts’ and Data Scientists’ use cases and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s or common Architects as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong understanding of enterprise Data Lake concepts, especially regarding data management, data catalog and search & discovery
- Ability to design, implement and support an enterprise data lake
- Hands on experience with modern AWS technologies needed in a Data Lake (e.g. S3, Glue, Athena, Macie)
- Good understanding of the needs of typical data lake consumers like Data Scientists, Data Warehouse
- Good conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
- Feeling comfortable in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Fluent Business English
TUI AND YOU
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.