Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Luton, United Kingdom
Engineering & Maintenance
Based at our Hangar 61 and reporting to the planning and resource manager with a second reporting line into the hangar manager, our Production Engineers are responsible for the preparation and support for Part 145 planning functions within the document control office to support the base maintenance aircraft input.
Providing daily support to the chief licensed aircraft engineer to deliver the aircraft maintenance workpack and accountable for the efficiency and cleanliness of the document control office, managing the flow of staff within the document control office.
You will be the main point of contact for all airport and hangar movement requirements, taking their authority from the hangar manager and chief engineer and accept responsibility for ensuring the integrity of all work completed is to a high standard and is in accordance with the company procedures and EASA Part 145 requirements.
Applications close 27 June 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
- In consultation with the Zone Leader/Chief Engineer and Licensed Engineers you will prepare workpacks for aircraft maintenance
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the those carrying out the maintenance activities and also those carrying out activities within the dock office matrix team
- Be responsible to ensure all work completed meets company process and CAA regulatory requirements and responsible for the technical oversite of work area
- Assist the Zone Leader/Chief Engineer and Licensed Engineers to resolve issues with maintenance activities that could affect daily on-time delivery
- Maintain a disciplined approach and identify issues with returned tasks and documents and the staff allocated to those tasks and documents, escalating any persistent issues as required
- Responsible for the continued duty of care and safety of peers within the hangar and line environment when working in that area, drive and embed a just culture
- Have a positive approach to the company SMS system
Carryout reporting and liaison functions as and when requested
- Undertaken Pt M and Pt 145 awareness courses. Human factors, EWIS and SFAR 88 training
- Will ideally have attended a familiarisation course on at least one of the following 737NG, 757, 767 and 787 type ratings
- Good knowledge of EASA part-145 Regulations and an understanding of EASA SMS requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of company’s engineering IT systems
- Enthusiasm and perseverance with a positive attitude with the flexibility to change and adapt to situations to meet the demands of the business
- Meet DFT requirements to hold airside pass
- Maintain and promote company values
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com