Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solution Architect (m/f/d) - Cache & Quality
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are looking with immediate effect for the team Cache & Quality (Domain: Hotels Sourcing, Master Domain: Sourcing & Assets) for a: Solution Architect (m/f/d).
The Cache & Quality team deals with cache solutions as well as comprehensive monitoring for the entire sales area of TUI Central Region. We have exciting projects like the change to global IT solutions and support of the other markets and drive the IT strategy of TUI.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Advise business partners on content development of products and services and assist in prioritization and detailing of product backlog requirements.
- Creation and documentation of the application design, application architecture, data integration and database design, taking into account performance and scaling considerations
- Independent maintenance of software solutions using agile working methods and development and implementation of technically optimal and market-driven IT solutions
- Testing of the functionality and comprehensible documentation of the created sources according to the documentation guidelines as well as responsibility for the consistency and executability of the implemented software changes in the test and production environments
- Coordination of the processes, functional and technical requirements to be mapped with internal departments and external providers as well as support and control of internal and external IT developers and IT providers during development
- Reactive and proactive investigation of unknown causes for actual and potential malfunctions and control or implementation of remediation (incident management) and implementation of problem management
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of projects within TUI’s project organization
- Completed studies (computer science, WI) or equivalent experience gained in practice
- Experience in designing, building and further developing IT application landscapes, ideally in a tourism environment
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch/Endeca/Solr as well as JAVA, Spring and Vaadin required
- Knowledge of Microsoft® .NET, C#, Swift and Jira desirable
- Ability to think abstractly and analytically
- Communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong problem solving skills and pragmatic implementation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.