Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Finance Manager - Commercial Routes & Projects (Fixed Term Contract)
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
Based within Airline Finance in the Aviation Planning & Reporting Finance team, the Finance Manager – Commercial Routes & Projects is responsible for the accurate transfer pricing and of all Airline costs to Group and external Tour Operators as well as the production of the Airline profitability by flown route.
The Aviation Planning & Reporting Finance team support the Aviation Planning department who are responsible for fleet and capacity management and external sources of aircraft revenue. In addition to this, the Aviation Planning & Reporting team support the FP&A functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of actuals, forecasts and budgets.
This role oversees the Pricing Team and supports the Aviation Planning team by providing insight and analysis into the profitability of flown routes and calculation of the airline cost per seat per destination (seat rate) which is then charged to Tour Operators. The role is required to liaise with and present to a variety of stakeholders at all levels thus written and verbal communication skills are key requisites for this role. The Pricing Team will create the contract seat rates that are charged to internal and external Tour Operators (circa 18 months in advance of the season starting) including presenting the proposed seat rates to senior Airline Board members for sign off highlighting capacity and fleet movements, operational efficiencies and inefficiencies that have driven cost, commercial reasoning behind the numbers that have been calculated, the impact of rate and FX, plus any other factors that may impact the seat rates calculated.
TUI considers that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe in offering flexibility to the individual on whether they work from an office or elsewhere. As such we are open to considering this role on a hybrid working model with a requirement to be office based for just some of the time. Office locations considered for this opportunity are Luton, Zaventem, Rijswijk, Hannover or Stockholm.
This opportunity is being offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis for 12 months.
Applications close 20 September 2021
ABOUT THE JOB
- Form strong relationships with key finance and non-finance colleagues to ensure provision of the necessary information required in a timely manner to enable you to deliver the contracted seat rates
- Develop a detailed understanding of the commercials underpinning any numbers that you have been provided with to enable you to be able to tell the “strategic story” or to challenge any assumptions that don’t align to what you are expecting.
- Understand the current as is process (mini budgets that translate to a cost per seat with the actuals at season ends reconciled) therefore develop a strong knowledge of the cost base, the key drivers and current allocation methods
- Lead the project to move to seasonal budgeting; the aim of the project is to align the data and ensure efficiency is gained by reducing the amount of submissions required by the team in order to achieve the required deliverables
- Overhaul the process to reduce waste and drive simplification in the end to end process whilst keeping the wide range of stakeholders engaged and informed of progress
- Comfortable with large data sets is a must with the ability to be able to see bigger picture and present back to senior stakeholders in an effective and precise way
- Responsible for the Airline route profitability for each flown route highlighting any deviations from the original pricing for the budget, forecast and end of season
- Understand how unforeseen costs and revenues have impacted the overall profitability by flown route, communicating your outcome to the Aviation Planning Department and Commercial finance teams to support the decision making
- Understand the information already available through month end actuals and systems in order to make route profitability more automated and timely to aid decision making and flag any potential issues
- ACCA / CIMA Qualified accountant
- Proven commercial pricing experience
- Proven experience in leading change
- Experience in people management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including creating engaging presentations
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- A logical and analytical approach to working with large data sets
- The ability to shape and change processes with a can do, positive attitude
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org