Safety & Risk Specialist (Pools and Waterparks)
Luton, United Kingdom
Business Support & Operations
depending on location
**The role could be based in Hanover (Germany) or Luton (UK). It offers the opportunity for remote working and includes traveling.**
Playing an important role in the Group Security, Health & Safety (SHS) Team the Safety & Risk Specialists act as the key operators between the coordinators and Safety & Risk Management team to identify and respond to significant issues, ensuring proportionate yet robust data-led, risk based safety management across the TUI Group.
As a Safety & Risk Specialist (Pools and Waterparks) you will work within the Group SHS function building strong collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders to further develop industry leading standards for Pools and Waterparks.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Developing and implementing an effective and proportionate risk-based approach to Pool /Waterpark safety management recognising any specific requirements of individual countries and ensuring assessment processes for pools and waterparks are robust and specific
- Effective coordination and management of the pools / waterparks assessment schedule and timely follow up of assessment findings for all TUI contracted properties based on risk priority.
- Supporting in the selection and training of future pool assessors
- Managing the pool / waterpark assessors and coordinators to ensure sufficient resource for the programme and that all are suitably trained and effectively implementing the pool / waterpark assessment schedule
- Supporting the pool / waterpark coordinators and assessors in following up on assessment findings, identifying and escalating any significant risks where mitigation is not possible, leading the escalation process
- Acting as a link to the DRV regarding safety management requirements for TUI DE
- Providing regular reports on actual spend and projected spend for the Pools / Waterpark programme
- Ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are effective and kept up to date making recommendations for change / update as required.
- Assist the Incident Investigation team in the follow up / investigation of significant pool / waterpark incidents – making recommendations for improvement as required and acting as lead liaison with the supplier regarding implementation
- Close liaison and effective working with key stakeholders where new pools / waterparks are planned
- Work with the Safety & Risk Managers to monitor performance against specific KPI’s and keep the team and management updated with regular team huddles / communication
- Experience of managing safety using a risk-based approach
- Experience of communicating with senior stakeholders and industry partners
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively
- Experience in creation of business reports and documents
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German is essential
- Travel related Health & Safety experience / qualifications with a focus on pools and waterparks is desirable but not essential
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- International career and development opportunities
- Working in an international environment
- Mobile working and flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration package with holiday and christmas allowance
- Offers for old-age provision and health promotion
- Personal benefits, e.g. attractive travel benefits
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.