Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
**Our Cruise finance team are in Luton, but TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from an office or elsewhere. From the basics that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive**
**Closing date 24th September 2021, and please note this is a 12-month opportunity**
As the Cruise Accountant, you will act as a key interface between the commercial accounting team and its internal and external customers including Cruise commercial finance, Group Finance, Treasury, Internal & External Audit and the commercial cruise team to ensure all accounting, control, and reporting requirements relating to cruise are met. You will be part of the accounting team which delivers a first-class accounting service to the wider TUI UK & I tourism business. Joining us will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your accounting career but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting and control of the cruise cost base and ancillary revenues. This includes maintaining the financial ledgers, ensuring all the key controls are in place and are maintained.
- Working with the cruise commercial finance team to ensure month-end is delivered on time, all costs and revenues are captured correctly and the P&L ledger comes back to what is expected.
- Business partnering the Cruise commercial finance team in terms of balance sheet robustness, identifying any risks and opportunities and ensuring these are captured centrally on the risks and opportunities register.
- Management and development of the Finance Assistant for Cruise, ensuring all ancillary revenue is accounted for correctly and balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Maintaining the relationship with the onboard chief pursers, financial auditors in regards to financial processes and procedures, in particular the End of Cruise process.
- Responsible for all audit deliverables for cruise.
- This role would suit a finalist or recently qualified accountant.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to embrace change in a fast-moving area of the business
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org