Senior Financial Analyst
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
The objective of the Engineering and Maintenance Finance team is to ensure financial transparency, reporting, decision support, airline benchmarking and governance on a functional or cross airline level, whilst delivering best value and cost savings across a €0.5bn Engineering & Maintenance cost base.
At TUI we believe that work is something you do not somewhere you go, therefore we are pleased to advise we can consider a hybrid working model for this role with an average of 2 days per month being office based. In terms of office location, that could be Luton, Zaventem, Rijswijk, Hannover or Stockholm but there may be occasional requirement for you to travel to Luton.
Applications close 24th October 2021
ABOUT THE JOB
This role provides key business partnering support to two different departments within the TUI Aviation E&M directorate, with a focus on activities in the Northern Region. E&M finance is a platformed team and therefore some objectives will require stakeholder support across all TUI Aviation markets.
- As Senior Finance Analyst – Base & Operational Maintenance you will be responsible for processing all financial activities in relation to the cost base for TUI’s engineering and maintenance facility, and for all operational maintenance that takes place at Northern Region line stations
- The role will take the financial lead for the forecast, balance sheet and actual performance of the area across the Northern Region (UK and Nordics)
- Balance sheet reconciliation and variance analysis for key items within the cost base
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver robust inputs into the planning process, including 5 year plan, annual budget, seasonal pricing processes and monthly forecasts
- A key part of the role will be to drive continuous improvement activities within the Engineering Finance Team, including any IT / Analytics projects in this area
- As the Senior Finance Analyst Base & Operational maintenance you will be a key part of the E&M Finance team and support the finance change agenda throughout aviation
- Part qualified / Newly qualified accountant
- Strong analytical & Presentational skills
- Eager to learn and a born self-educator
- Structured and coordinated, and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Adapts communication to match audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Excel; including vlookups & Pivot Tables
- This role requires strong business English (written & spoken).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com