Product Manager | Tours & Multi-Centres
Luton, United Kingdom
Product & Yield
**Our UK Head office is in Luton, but TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from an office or elsewhere. From the basis that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive. For this role expect to be in once or twice a month, but of course, come in more if you like!**
**The closing date for applications is 29th October 2021**
It’s an exciting time to join TUI as Product Manager, you will be fundamental in developing and driving forward the TUI UK product plans for tours and multi-centres in line with our strategic imperatives and wider Group strategy.
You will be responsible for managing the commercial performance of tours and multi-centre holidays, ensuring that our holidays achieve their challenging volume targets, are profitable and loved by our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Have a thorough understanding of the factors that will affect market demand, the competitive landscape and the requirements of the UK customer, to ensure the future programme is planned appropriately.
- Work very closely with the Central Markets Tours team to feed in your plans to ensure that the requirements of the UK&I business are understood and that tour itineraries are suitable for your market and pitched at an appropriate price point to deliver to your targets.
- Drive and influence the wider product team to seek out opportunities for multi-destination holidays and ensure these are set up and briefed in a timely fashion, and achieve growth plans.
- You will need strong commercial acumen to analyse data as well as excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Work with counterparts in different business areas, examples will include, working with our marketing team to define and shape marketing strategies for TUI Tours and multi-destination holidays, working with our distribution team to ensure that our in-house product receives cut-through across TUI retail, working with Trading to ensure our products achieve volume and profitability targets, and working with our IT/web development team to oversee the implementation of improvements in our online environments.
- Develop pricing strategies for the TUI Tours product, you will review the cost base position and ensure price points are relevant in the market.
- Regular tracking of sales, commitment and margin performance with the trading team as well as the Central Markets team is a key part of the role.
- Understanding customer sentiment and taking steps to ensure that we offer Tour & multi-destination holidays which are best in class.
- Knowledge of specialist holidays including multi-destination/ Tour holidays and/or scheduled flying business models is highly desirable.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working within a fast-changing, fast-moving environment.
- Can cope well under pressure and display a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong commercial acumen, with ability to balance customer needs with commercial viability in order to make sound decisions.
- Strong initiative with ability to deliver both working on own and in a team.
- A team player who can build strong cross team/divisional relationships with colleagues to find the best solution to conflicting demands and deliver optimum performance.
- Strong people skills with the ability to drive high performance through developing and motivating others.
- Ability to drive forward improvements in processes and the way that we work.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.