2022 Commercial Placement Programme - Luton - 12 months
Luton, United Kingdom
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Commercial team help design, develop and deliver dream holidays for our customers, delivering growth and profitability through cleverly managing price, focusing on cost and controlling the availability of our products. From liaising with hotel buyers, to forecasting travel trends, developing holiday brochures, and pricing holidays – it’s all in a day’s work in this area of our business.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOB
During your placement, you’ll spend 12 months in either Product Planning, Trading, or Product Development. Throughout the recruitment process, we’ll consider you for all routes, and you’ll have the opportunity to indicate your preference – if you have one – which we’ll consider when we assess your strengths in line with each area.
In all roles, you’ll gain a full insight into our Commercial function, supporting a portfolio of destinations and making important commercial decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI.
- Make sure we have the right products on offer to give our customers the widest variety of holidays to choose from
- Supporting the planning and product activity for your allocated destinations, which includes ensuring we have the right mix of hotels, destinations and concepts on offer to match customer demand
- Play a fundamental role in analysing the cost base of your resorts and then setting the pricing/margin strategy accordingly to ensure your destinations meet both financial and strategic objectives
- Work with a wide range of teams across the business to help deliver our web content and printed brochures, ensuring our products are promoted correctly across all our distribution channels
- Monitor competitor activity and performance as well as analysing and predicting market trends
- Monitor sales and quality to ensure you have the right product mix on offer for our customers both now and for future seasons
Trading (Beach or Cruise)
- Ensure our products are available to our customers at the right price, at the right time, in line with demand and competition
- Focus on either Cruise or Beach holidays, identifying the best way to sell our beds and aircraft seats to maximise profits
- Responsibility for a number of cruise ships or holiday destinations, enhancing both flight and cabin/hotel performance. You do this by reviewing and analysing sales trends, while manipulating our yield management system to make effective recommendations to deliver your trading strategy in line with market conditions – think stock market, but for holidays!
- You monitor and react to demand in the competitive holiday market, taking relevant pricing actions to maximise opportunities and overcome any barriers to sale
Product Development (Cruise)
- Support the development of existing and new product propositions to continually improve the cruise customer experience – contributing to onboard innovation, service and revenue.
- Lead projects essential to the implementation of our newest ship, including onboard signage, artwork and menu design
- Work closely with external suppliers and contractors who provide services for our ship refurbishments
- Assist our Product Development team in the management of sign off processes for specifications and new venue concepts onboard our ships
- You’ll travel occasionally to ensure successful onboard implementation of your projects whilst also monitoring competitor activity and market trends
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2022) as part of your third year at university
- A passion for business development, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts and special offers.
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email EarlyTalentRecruitment@TUI.co.uk
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly.