Service Operations Manager - Cruise
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Cruise Technology is a global team within TUI technology responsible for technology delivery and technical support for Marella Cruises and TUI River Cruises. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
Technology within Marella Cruises and TUI River Cruises is going through a period of change and we’re planning for the future, which means we’re looking for a skilled and experienced Service Operations Manager to ensure that the quality of IT services meets the needs of our business.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Service Operations Manager, you are accountable for managing technology operations for Marella Cruises and TUI River Cruises, including coordination of all teams and capabilities required to keep things running. As the Service Operations Manager for Cruise Technology, you will provide service and support of our infrastructure, software, and applications across the cruise business, both onshore and onboard.
You will be responsible for incident and problem management, including possible out of business hours work for major incident management. You will be responsible for issuing timely and accurate communications in these situations to stakeholders, business teams, other domains and business partners whilst enabling the relevant delivery teams to maintain full ownership of incident resolution.
You will work closely with all stakeholders to review and report on operational performance, SLAs and KPIs. Being passionate about operational excellence and service performance, with a strong mindset and focus on customer outcomes and experience, you will effectively engage with teams, develop a good understanding of their context and the challenges. You will drive continuous improvement of teams’ operational performance and stability of their services.
You will use your excellent operational, facilitation and coordination skills to ensure Marella Cruises and TUI River Cruises have an effective operational and incident management capability. You will enable and champion a service culture that includes on-going service improvements relating to quality and end user satisfaction. For this you will support the definition and agreement of operational SLAs and KPIs for all services as well as the design and implementation of service models for new services and products, including transition activities.
You will have a solid understanding of the application landscape, the corresponding business functionality and data flows in your remit. You will be well connected with key SMEs, teams and technology stakeholders to be able to maintain awareness of key changes originating from the domains’ delivery teams and to assist during incident response as required.
Being a cruise line there will be some travel required to support operations, as well as get a feel for the product.
- Experience of building and developing an existing Service Operations function
- ITILv4 or equivalent service management experience
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of engaging senior technology and business stakeholders
- Strong experience in problem, change and incident management in an agile context
- Aspiring to a culture of service excellence: always putting the customer, our colleagues and our business at the centre of everything
- Experience of establishing, implementing and maintaining KPIs/ SLAs across multiple teams
- Experience quantifying and analysing performance of operational and incident management processes and data
- Experience implementing and improving processes and procedures
- Experience managing budgets and purchase orders
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good collaboration
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practice secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- In-depth knowledge of cruise business and operations e.g. hotel, technical and entertainment
- Good knowledge of ship’s core marine and hotel management systems, e.g. Resco, MXP, Fidelio
- Good understanding of ship’s operations systems, such as VSAT, CCTV, Telephony, VING door locks and payment systems
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here