(Senior) Platform Engineer - Cloud & Big Data (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Enabling Data Platforms department within the Marketing, Sales & Common Analytics Domain. The key focus of this position will be on TUI’s group-wide Data Lake and on building and expanding its capabilities which form the source of TUI’s Analytics solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a (Senior) Platform Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that provides the Enabling Data Platforms for all the other domains. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering and development, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its platform, from design to operation.
- You will use your deep technical skills to build and run the Enabling Data Platforms including TUI’s group-wide Data Lake as part of your team. You will use your expertise in developing and operating technical platforms to enable our business development teams to work more efficiently.
- You guide your team to make the right choices in design and tooling and help other teams adopt your platform through direct engagement. You care for operational readiness, ensure observability of your platform and service. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency. You work hands-on, tackling the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues.
- Proven extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices;
- Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies, e.g. Go, Java, Dart;
- Preferable practical experience with Data Lake systems;
- Ability to understand and shape engineering workflows;
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI;
- Proven deep knowledge working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
- Desire to build self-service capability for the platform consumers;
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering;
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.