Base maintenance Cabin Mechanic 1
Full/Part Time:Full Time
The Cabin Mechanics derive their authority from, and report directly to, the Chief Licensed Aircraft Engineers. You shall be responsible to carry out maintenance, modifications and repairs to aircraft cabin and interior systems in accordance with approved work cards, work orders and relevant controlled technical documentation while respecting personal trade/skill boundaries.
You shall be accountable to complete all work to a high quality and acceptable standard in a timely manner to meet company demands and Part-145 regulatory requirements. In addition, you shall be responsible to ensure that all maintenance actions are correctly signed off and recorded in the company’s engineering operating system at the end of each shift, and to share important information regarding the subject task as required.
How You Will Make An Impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Maintain and promote a just culture of responsibility, accountability and company values;
- Accountable to complete all assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring high standards are maintained;
- Responsible to carry out maintenance and repairs to aircraft cabin and interior systems in accordance with applicable regulations, engineering procedures, and approved technical documentation, meeting the necessary standard of quality within the trade skill set, company approval and the required timescales;
- Responsible to correctly identify, store and process parts removed from aircraft within required timescale following company processes and procedures;
- Responsible to ensure all completed or partly completed work is up–to-date and signed prior to end of each day shift;
- Responsible to comply with all relevant company, regulatory and aircraft procedures (e.g. tool and FOD control, general health & safety, hangar housekeeping, and aircraft safety);
- Responsible and accountable to return all equipment to storage areas, identify any equipment that is defective and ensure all tools and equipment are returned daily prior to end of shift;
- Identify and report issues with maintenance activity that could affect daily on-time delivery and escalate to Chief Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
What You Will Bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Aeronautical apprentice or recognised national qualification in aircraft maintenance;
- A minimum of four years aircraft cabin and interior systems maintenance experience including training;
- Flexible in your working hours – Base Maintenance operates in an annualized hours roster whereby approx. 85% of your annual hours are performed from October till May in line with the TUI Group Winter Maintenance Planning;
- Good knowledge of EASA Part-145 regulation and understanding of EASA SMS requirements;
- Good understanding of Human Factors within the aircraft maintenance environment;
- Good communicator;
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and requirements;
- Excellent knowledge of aircraft technical data and how to navigate maintenance data and read aircraft drawings;
- Computer literate and excellent knowledge of company’s operating engineering systems.
TUI and You
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +32 499 77 67 99
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.