Dependent on Local Contract
As a Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to software development, testing and infrastructure teams within a number of exciting, innovative programmes, working closely with the programme managers to deliver the new systems.
This a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to advance TUIs capabilities in the Digital Marketing arena to enable us to successfully target campaigns to the right customers at the right time.
There has never been a more exiting time to join the Technology team here at Tui, we’re currently driving a significant digital transformation programme that over the next few years will see us take huge leaps forwards in terms of not just the product we can offer to our customers but also the innovative approaches we adopt internally.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
UI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
ABOUT THE JOB:
You will act as the delivery authority for our software engineering teams and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, ensuring all engineering teams are working to best practice. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle internally within the teams as well as working with external stakeholders such as business executives and programme managers to resolve issues. Planning and managing scope and resources to deliver new features will be a core responsibility.
You will help us transition our current processes into a best in class dev-ops approach to building and releasing features. You will ensure we have the teams and capability to perform automated end to end testing across both our functional and non-functional requirements. You will also carefully manage expectations with our stakeholders to ensure we can deliver innovative solutions on time into our source markets.
You will have a strong background of managing development and test teams with a blended mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources. You will be comfortable taking a best-practice approach to agile software delivery within an overall waterfall programme management framework. In particular, we are looking for a rare blend of core technical understanding across the full technology stack, coupled with the ability to manage senior stakeholders around the world.
- Ability to understand user requirements and proven experience of requirements documentation methods
- Ability to prioritise high workloads
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Attention to detail
- Resiliency, collaboration and a ‘can do, will do’ attitude
- Excellent analytical and commercial reasoning skills.
- Preferably, experience of working within a range of project methodologies
- Preferably experience in managing software/platform delivery projects both from a service and financial perspective. Stakeholder management skills
- Experience in working in an international environment with multi-cultural teams
- Fluent in English, further languages would be an advantage.
- Role Dependent – May require travel – including some overseas travel.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.