Back End Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Depends on local regulations
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain
- You will own the software products from conception to operation
- You will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset
- You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation. Also Security is part of everyone’s job
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Enthusiasm for optimizing code for highly dynamic and scalable high-performance solutions
- Experience in Java and the Redis database system (or comparable technology that could be used as a cache system)
- Creative ideas in the area of data modeling for quick search operations on the database (e.g. binary comparisons..)
- Experience in parallelizing services to process high loads
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.