Business Product Owner
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience. This is a key role within our Transformation function to work with stakeholders across our markets, to ensure we successfully plan and meet our Transformation goals and that the digital products we offer to our customers and colleagues are of the right quality.
We offer our customers lots of different types of holiday products including flights, hotels, cruises and tours, and often combining these to offer customers their perfect holiday. In this role you will be accountable for the end to end definition, planning and implementation of new features that we use to source, set up, sell and fulfil our holiday products. It might be introducing a new feature that lets our customers more easily manage their own holiday booking, improving how we manage our flying programme when our operations are impacted or working to increase the range of flights or accommodations available to book. You will ensure that all people, process and technology changes needed for your roadmap are designed, planned in and delivered to achieve the planned improvements. You will support one of our Heads of Business Development who are each responsible for the definition and delivery of the roadmap of changes for their holiday product “production model” (e.g. Flight Only, Package Holidays) whilst ensuring that as much as possible processes and capabilities are consistent across production models.
Please note, applications for this role will close on: Sunday 26th March
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will be accountable for the successful definition, planning and delivery of key capabilities (e.g. group holidays, on request bookings) and projects needed to achieve TUI’s target outcomes.
- You will ensure that all people, process and technology changes needed to support the successful delivery of your roadmap of capabilities are understood, fully considered and there are plans in place to ensure necessary changes are all aligned to support the new capabilities being introduced.
- You will help to identify resources needed to support the delivery of your capabilities and support your manager in establishing a matrix managed team across all business functions (including technology) to drive delivery and plan implementation for your capabilities.
- You will balance the demand between regional and multi-regional needs, set the scope of any changes, and where required, be responsible for making trade-offs based on data driven insight to ensure we hit the dates and achieve the stated benefits and objectives.
- You will stay close to the operational and commercial performance of capabilities you have delivered to ensure you understand where things can be further improved in each market and across markets and to ensure the capabilities are being fully utilised.
- You will work across all functions to ensure that the relevant stakeholders input into future changes and are informed where there may be impacts in their function of planned changes.
- You will continuously provide input and requirements to the product owners of services that direct and co-ordinate the priority of their roadmaps to ensure that they are aligned to deliver capabilities required for their holiday product roadmap.
- You will also work closely with the Regional Transformation Leads to ensure successful implementation of changes within their markets.
- Self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and has experience of driving and delivering change projects and/or improvements across business areas
- Proven ability to influence, challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire team members, peers and stake-holders at all levels
- Resilient personality with good inter-personal skills and able to quickly adapt to changes in priority
- Customer focused – can put yourself in the shoes of customers, are able to recognise and understand different customer types and can assess what customers value most
- Ability to think commercially and strategically and demonstrate that projects are economically viable (using and interpreting data to support the case for change).
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies, and practical experience in applying techniques desirable (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience of working with Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- End to end understnading of tour operating and airline business models is desirable
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.